Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Revenge of the Random Bullshit

The weekend was a hit all around. Chinese New Year was amazing - the food, the friends, the whole endeavor. I cannot recommend King Fung Garden highly enough. Don't be dissuaded by the fact that it looks like a dump from the outside (and the inside is pretty shabby too). The food was wonderful. Otherwise, the weekend was laid back and fun.

I watched Little Miss Sunshine again, and realized that a) it's a great, quirky, sweet and funny movie, and b) I have no idea how it got nominated for Best Picture. I mean, compared to the other two contenders I've seen (The Departed and Letters From Iwo Jima), it's a flyweight fighting in the heavyweight division.


I also finished Season 2 of The Wire, which wasn't as compelling as the first season, but still good. I ordered Season 3, which is where the show is supposed to really hit it's stride. It's an amazing show anyway, though it can get depressing in how realistic it is - the bad guys never really get caught, because the system is so fucked up it ultimately works in their favor more than for the cops. But if you want a truly gritty, realistic police procedural, you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching it.


And to wrap things up - some absolute lunacy. To quote Turkey Creek Jack Johnson : "I ain't got the words".... so simply watch it.



Yeah. It's like that.

2 comments:

Lora_3 said...

When you get the 3rd season of the Wire get plenty of food and drinks too. Your going to be camping in front of your TV.

Be safe...

TK said...

I'm about to storm the gates of Amazon.com if the damn thing doesn't get here soon...