Here's a little bit of preface: as most of you know, I'm married. My wife rules, and I'm not just saying that because she now reads this blog (hi babe!). She's hot, she's funny, she's wicked smaht (I was once in a bar in Philly and met a couple of girls she went to high school with. One of them, after discovering who I was married to said, "Wow. She was always really smart... like... scary smart.")
So let me beat you all to the "so what is she doing with you" joke. The answer? Well, it's for a variety of reasons. I mean, after all, how can you turn down a guy who:
1. Might have a drinking problem
2. Can't make it through a meal without messing on himself, to the point where a friend once recommended getting a "plastic eating suit"
3. Is incredibly clumsy and rountinely breaks things, including his own bones
4. Forgets EVERYTHING important but can tell you that Bill Mueller won the batting title in 2003 with a .327 average while playing for Boston, or that Frank Miller's mid-80's run of Daredevil were some of the best comic books of all time
5. Swears pretty much constantly
6. Talks obsessively about music, science-fiction movies, detective novels, comic books, sports and video games
7. Can recite every line from Big Trouble in Little China from start to finish, and proudly proclaims it as his all-time, hands-down favorite movie
8. Has nothing but loudmouth alcoholic hooligans for friends
Hmmm... maybe she should stop reading...
Anyway, on to the point of the post (besides pointing out my own shortfalls):
Forgive the shitty picture, but it's taken a) with a camera phone and b) using a mirror. So it's both out of focus and backwards, but you get the point.
Anyway, as you can see, I got a new tattoo. If you look closely, you can see the bottom of my very first tattoo above this one. The new one I got Sunday (it's my 5th). Too soon to tell if it came out well. It's Gaelic (or Irish, if you're picky) for "Yours Forever", which is what's engraved on my wedding ring (also shown, along with my giant monkey hand).
Tattoos are funny things. The first two I got, I picked off the wall at the tattoo joint. One of them I'm happy with, the other I regret. Not because it's ugly or says the name of a girl I'm not with anymore, but because it's got no connection with me. I got it because I wanted a tattoo, and didn't think it through. The third was a symbol for Pisces, which I like. It's on my ankle, and lemme tell you, folks - if you have a low pain threshold, I don't recommend the ankle. All three of those I got within a two year span about 12 years ago.
10 years later I got number four, which is much larger, and on my back. I don't have a picture of it, but it's my favorite. And now I have this one. I thought for a while about what to get, and I wanted it to be somehow symbolic of my relationship with Mrs. TK. But I wasn't getting her name, because I don't like name tattoos, so... what? I thought about getting a Celtic knot, (she's Irish), but after doing my research I learned that most Celtic knots don't have any real meaning.
I honestly never thought I'd be the type to tattoo anything like this on me, particularly since I've never had words done before. But something about this idea appealed to me, so here we are.
That's all I got for today. Have a good weekend.