Thursday, March 26, 2009

Farewell

Rest in peace, Amanda (aka Alabama Pink).



I'm not great at eulogizing, so I'll leave it up to those more eloquent than I. Please click here. And here. And here. And here. And here. And most of all here, but... steady yourself before clicking on that one.

Finally, our Pajiba tribute is here.

Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record:

You're so cool.

You're so cool.

You're so cool.


----------------
Now playing: Gaslight Anthem - Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gaslight Anthem is one of my favorite bands, and "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" is one of my favorite songs. It perfectly encapsulates bittersweet nostalgia and a defiance against time, and it seems to fit the day: no matter what, Alabama wasn't one for looking back with regret. She looked forward, always, to better things, holding onto what she loved with a fierceness that time, sadness, and illness couldn't shake. She will be missed at home and around the world. Goodbye,
Alabama; you're outshining the stars tonight.

meaux said...

*hug*

Here's to one hell of a classy warrior lady.

Jeremy Feist said...

I didn't believe it at first. When I saw your blog, I realized what happened. I'm still in shock.

Nicole said...

You just made me lose it all over again.

Anonymous said...

Bad news.... No one deserves that. Especially such a tough lady.
Head